Her visionary manifesto—the book is nothing less—gathers the most politically serious and aesthetically challenging of contemporary writers in order to take us beyond the reassurance of a return to Mother Nature, beyond an ethics or an aesthetics of proximity, and to make real the possibilities of an environmentalism without borders.
Using theories of sublimity and trauma, the book offers a critical and cultural history of the racial fault line in American environmentalism that to this day divides largely white wilderness preservation groups and the minority environmental justice movement. It promises to wake us up to the ways race and nature are deeply entangled in American history and ideology. The problem is a symptom of the ecological catastrophe in which we are living. Morton sets out a seeming paradox: to have a properly ecological view, we must relinquish the idea of nature once and for all.
Read Ecocritical Explorations in Literary and Cultural Studies: Fences Boundaries and Fields
We have to face it and learn to live with it. Or even the death metal, since it shares a goth sensibility that focuses on the dark.
Find at your local library. Urbanization, capitalism, Protestantism, colonialism, revived Skepticism, empirical science, and optical technologies conspired to alienate people from both the earth and reality itself in the seventeenth century.
Literary and visual arts explored the resulting cultural wounds, expressing the pain and proposing some ingenious cures. With a new preface written specifically for this edition and an annotated list of suggestions for further reading, Postcolonial Ecocriticism offers a comprehensive and fully up-to-date introduction to a rapidly expanding field.
Have doubts regarding this product? Post your question.
Top ten — Recent Ecocriticism – Environmental Humanities Center
Safe and Secure Payments. Easy returns. Chapter 12 Ranging Widely in the Classroom. Science Fiction and Ecocriticism. About the Author.
- Sources & Further Reading in Ecocriticism!
- Ecocriticism | Literary Theory and Criticism;
- Ecocritical Explorations in Literary and Cultural Studies on Apple Books.
- EASLCE » Transcript: 5th EASLCE webinar: Literature and/as Cultural Ecology!
- (PDF) Ecocritical Forms of Engagement with Nature and Texts | Serpil Oppermann - atertmakil.tk!
- Probability Theory (Universitext).
- Ecocritical Explorations in Literary and Cultural Studies.
Droits d'auteur. Murphy is professor of English at the University of Central Florida.
- Flipping Your English Class to Reach All Learners: Strategies and Lesson Plans.
- Leadership Under Pressure: Tactics from the Frontline.
- Duplicate citations.
- You are here.
- Everyday Life In Ancient Greece.
Informations bibliographiques. Murphy Lexington Books , 15 juil.